Centro Interativo de Arqueologia — Palácio do Vimioso
Centro_Interativo_de_Arqueologia_Palacio_do_Vimioso 0
Centro_Interativo_de_Arqueologia_Palacio_do_Vimioso 1
Centro_Interativo_de_Arqueologia_Palacio_do_Vimioso 2

The Palácio do Vimioso is a remarkable 16th-century building which was built for the residence of Bishop D. Afonso de Portugal (1485–1522) and his descendants, the counts of Vimioso. It has undergone major changes over time, notably the demolitions of the 19th century and the works carried out in the late 20th century, which adapted it to the new use as a branch of the University of Évora. In the west wing of the palace, the former stall and stables, is now located the Department of Archaeology and the Interactive Centre of Archaeology, a privileged place in relation to the main courtyard of the palace, next to the Cathedral of Évora.

Temporarily unavailable for visits,


(+351) 266 706 581
Largo de Dom Miguel de Portugal, n.º 2, 7000-654 Évora